Saturday, October 6, 2007

my dear


I will wait until your quiet makes me remember I am waiting.

Once, he took me in his arms when I was cold. I still, perhaps irrationally, assume there was more of him in that gesture than in the fact that lately he can't meet my eyes.
Look for me when I am gone.
will look for you when I am gone, and whereas you will never find me here, I will uncover you in every dream. Hiding one more flight of stairs away, higher and lighter in the distance, I will look for you like a ghost. I will look for you in all of the crevices of thought and push you out. I will. I did.
I will look for you in all of the places I will go and see you behind the shadow of a man who wears your haircut, or who never has a jacket in the rain. I will see you in between the drops of rain.
We came to this place seeking the same thing.

I will never be who you thought I might, my dear.

You will see me as the one before you dressed in an infinite dream of return; you will see me in a painting, behind your window, below the stair. Look for me and you will know me. You will never know me by those colors, deep and bold, of the heart you never knew.

Look for me when I am gone: You will know me because I will be looking for you.

No comments: